With stretches of white sand beaches, turquoise seas, scrubby emerald green jungles, tropical coral reefs, bustling cities, and historic Mayan ruins, it’s no surprise that Mexico is topping the charts of many travelers’ bucket lists. One of the most popular locations in Mexico is the Yucatan Peninsula – the south-easterly tip of the country that separates the Gulf of Mexico from the Caribbean Sea, and home to some of the most stunning destinations and experiences you will ever encounter.
I’ve put together my top 6 reasons to visit the Yucatan Peninsula. For all the juicy travel tips and info, head over to the We Are Travel Girls website for the full story here.
1. SWIMMING IN THE YUCATAN CENOTES
2. EXPLORING THE MAYAN RUINS
3. SCUBA DIVING THROUGH MUSA
4. SNORKELLING WITH WHALE SHARKS
5. BEACH HOPPING IN ISLA DE MUJERES
6. COUNTING THE COLORS OF LAGUNA BACALAR